We’ve always been a music family. If there is an occasion to celebrate, there is a playlist to go with it. So naturally, when we purchased our Winnebago Vista a couple of years ago, we created ‘The Camping Playlist’ – a collection of music, a mix of old favorites and new discoveries to accompany us on our adventures.
Music also plays a big role in our travels. It can set the tone for an entire weekend, be it a relaxing getaway or an upbeat party. It can affect our mood and energy. It can take us back to a special moment in our history or underscore a newly created precious memory.
As the holiday season approaches, many of us are preparing to head out for an RV getaway with our favorite people. And for many of us, the trip will include campers that span several generations – parents and grandparents, kids and grandkids, nieces, nephews, and cousins.
In our experience, crafting that perfect playlist that will please campers of all ages can take a little work. Is there a collection of songs that will keep your teenage daughter from rolling her eyes when one of Dad’s songs comes on? Could your young son and his grandma have any common ground when it comes to music?
We think so… and we’ve done the hard work for you. Just in time for the long weekend, we’ve crafted a playlist that promises to have all of your campers grooving around the campfire. From U2 and Tom Petty to The War on Drugs and The Black Keys, with a little Taylor Swift and Justin Timberlake sprinkled in, there’s something for everyone.
So, add these to your favorite music streaming device (or just use our Spotify playlist), take a listen, sing along, maybe discover something new, and most importantly, enjoy every precious moment. Safe travels!
- Where The Streets Have No Name – U2
- American Girl – Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
- I Want You to Want Me – Cheap Trick
- Heaven – The Walkmen
- Howlin’ For You – The Black Keys
- A-Punk – Vampire Weekend
- Better When I’m Dancin’ – Meghan Trainor
- Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
- Can’t Stop The Feeling! – Justin Timberlake
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Holding On – The War On Drugs
- Bad Blood (Taylor Swift Cover) – Ryan Adams
- Gypsy – Fleetwood Mac
- Here Comes The Sun – The Beatles
- Gimme Shelter – The Rolling Stones
- Lady’s On Fire – Ty Segall
- Ring of Fire – Johnny Cash
- Hotel Yorba – The White Stripes
- On the Road Again – Willie Nelson
- Sugar – Nancy Sinatra
- Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
- Rebel Rebel – David Bowie
- Should I Stay or Should I Go – The Clash
- Sweet Child O’ Mine – Gun N’ Roses
- Free Bird – Lynyrd Skynyrd
Listen to more of Karen, David, and their family’s favorites on Spotify @thecampingplaylist.