Whether you’re taking a flight where they charge you baggage fees or vacationing in an RV with limited space knowing how to pack and save space can come in handy.
Often when packing I feel like it’s a struggle to pack everything I want. I either run out of room or I have to switch to a bigger suitcase. At least that was the case until I picked up a few tips that helped me save space.
7 Packing Tips for Easy Travel
1. Rolling your clothes instead of folding them will to save tons of baggage space. I’m not sure why it works, but it does. l put it it to the test and was even able to pack a few extra outfits due to the space I saved!
2. If you have any delicate items you want to pack you can still roll them. Just wrap them in tissue paper. This will keep them from getting wrinkled or crushed.
3. When you throw all your jewelry in a baggy it can cause frustration when you go to grab a necklace and it’s knotted with others. I have found that using a pill container to keep them separated works really well.
4. Packing whites? Put a shower cap around your shoes to make sure the dirty soles don’t end up getting surrounding clothes dirty, too.
5. I also always pack safety pins and extra plastic grocery bags. You never know when they might come in handy. You can roll the bags up and I just hook the safety pins on the zipper of my suitcase.
6. If you want to protect any fragile products (glass foundations, fragrances), pack them inside your sneakers to cushion and protect them. If you aren’t opting for sneakers on your vacation, wrap each fragile item inside a pair of rolled socks.
7. Placing a dryer sheet at the bottom of your suitcase will also keep your clothes smelling fresh and clean during travel.